Diff ratios for E28

I am still in the planning stage for a differential upgrade for my '87
535is. Until now, I've been torn between the 3.45 and the 3.73, fearing the
3.45 would not be enough of a performance bump, and that the 3.73 might be
too much.

However, I've learned that there is also a 3.64, but that the only one that
would work is the one that came in the Euro E28's.  So... does that mean
that there are a few around, or should I just try to go with one of the
former two?

Any help with locating this diff., or a good 3.45 or 3.73 at a reasonable
price, or thoughts on the conversion in general would be appreciated.

Ken Mitchell
Durham, NC