Painting Calipers-barbecue black?-not!

Jeff asks about painting calipers...

Jeff your best and safest bet is to take the calipers off.  secondly buy a
product from Ultra Performance called folliatec caliper paint.  It comes in
about 6 colors and I think they may have white.  I got yellow on my avus
blue M3.  This is a complete kit that costs about 50 bucks.  It has the
caliper cleaner, paint, hardner and instructions.  This is a very high heat
paint that goes on with a brush.  It hardens to a nice gloss and brake dust
can usually just be hosed off.  Just be sure to clean the calipers really
well with a wire brush.  Once this stuff is on it ain't comming off.
Don't mess with bar-b-Q paint.  You want color don't you? This will take
about 24hrs to dry.  This can be done on the car, but you better be very
very careful.  Take them off to do a better job.
	Yes you will have brake fluid coming out of the lines when you do this.
You will also need to bleed your brakes after this.  You might as well just
replace your fluid in this whole process.  Once you get the lines free from
the calipers, just put something to catch the fluid under the line.  Pretty
simple.  Good luck
Ultra Performance-(520) 240-3654
usual disclaimers apply

Robbie Kollar