Re: Helmets

dchez@domain.elided wrote:

> Now I know that there are SA rated
> helmets for cars and M rated helmets for motorcyles.  My question is: are there
> any helmets designed for both?  I'm assuming no, but I thought I'd just get some
> advice before I go out and buy two helmets. Thanks in advance.

Look for helmets that are offered in both SA and M forms.  Such helmets have shell
and eyeports suitable for motorcycling and in SA trim have the necessary fire
resistant lining.  Also, I've found such are often the less expensive of the SA
helmets.  For a particular example, check out the Simpson Super Voyager.

However, I don't know of a single helmet that carries both certifications -- but
they might exist.

Brian