re: Helmets

David Sanchez asked about helmets.

I recently wrote an article on Helmets for the BMW CC BC.  You can find a
comprehensive list of helmets that meet the Snell SA-95 standard at
http://www.smf.org/sa95cert.txt.  There is also one for M-95 on Snell's
site, www.smf.org.  Get both lists and see if there is a helmet on both.

I don't think there's any model that meets both SA-95 and M-95 standards.
Here there is no minimum standard for motorcycle helmets.  At least
according to the local Motor Vehicle Act.  I sent a copy of my article to
Snell to get approval to use some of the stuff on their web site.  In their
response, they said that the biggest difference between the helmets that
meet the standard is the fire proof lining of the SA-95 helmets.

David, if you're concerned, send a letter to Snell (email address is on
their Web site) and post the answer on the digest.  Everybody else:  let
David send the e-mail, so Snell doesn't get swamped with the same question.

Dean
'96 328is