re:<all> other models of BMW

James and the L7...

Actually this car has made it to our shores.  My mother used to have one.
Hers was bought new in 1986.  Just an everyday 735i with a gorgeous white
and grey leather package inside.  Heated seats, and all the other bells,
whistles and buttons that were relatively uncommon to see at that time. The
L is for Luxury and this car had it.  There was also an L6 at that time.
Same idea as the 7 but on a 635csi platform.  I assume the one you saw was
much newer.  That I haven't seen here lately.  Too bad you missed the
inside on that car, it's the best part.
	   Her's however was a mechanical nightmare.  Every family vacation we
took in that car resulted in renting a minivan to reach our final
destination. She eventually sold it after 3 years of that nonsense.
	The cool thing about that car was that some of the minor engine components
were interchangeable with Dads '86 M6. My brother (15 at the time-me 16)
took the M6 out for a joyride one night when the parentals were out, long
story short-he ended up damaging the resivoir tank for the radiator.  Well,
Mom was a little on the cluless side so we figured we'd just swap out the
tanks, It'd act flakyon her, and all would be settled.  Problem is the
parents came home early in the middle of or transplant operation and little
bro had to fess up.  He couldn't get his license until he turned 17.
	Ok sorry for the WOB on that story, but I figured someone could relate-

Robbie