Re: bmw-digest V9 #727

<< <E30> Unlock Doors with alarm? >>
I recently wired in a remote lock/unlock gizmo in my E30, you should be able
to easily lock / unlock the system if your remote alarm puts out pulses (on
separate wires) on arm/dis-arm.

I don't recall the color code but there is one wire which if grounded locks
the system, and another which if grounded unlocks the system. I guess what you
would need would be two relays with the coil side picked up by the arm/dis-arm
pulse, and the load side connecting the system wires to ground.

To find which wires lock or unlock the system, just disconnect the connector
for one of the locking devices (trunk, door, fuel etc...trunk is the most
accessable) and ground one wire at a time (after finding and marking the power
wire with a DCVM) until you find the wire which locks and the one which
unlocks...

Seems to me the hardest part will be running lengths of wire all over the
place...
Good Luck
Steve H
89 325iS