Panasonic system

Scott Miller wrote...

Fry's Electronics is running an ad for a Panasonic combination package
(Model PKG-R115) for $299 which includes:

An in-dash AM/FM/Cassette receiver with 4x25 watts and a detatchable
face.

An 8-disc CD changer.

Scott...I can't say about THIS system, but back in the day when I drove a
Honda Accord, I had quite a stereo system built around a Panasonic single
disc head unit.  I loved it.  It was bullet proof and I just couldn't make
the thing skip.  I think I only paid 250 for it in 1991, so Panasonic has
alway been on the low end of the price spectrum.

Most likely, if you are buying a package like this, the changer will hook
directly to the head unit, via cable.  It's not likely that an RF changer
would be included as part of a package.

As far as fidelity is concerned, it totally depends on what you couple to
the unit.  A couple of modest amplifiers and some upgraded aftermarket
speakers, and you are in business!

I would give it a second look, might be worth the $$, especialy since they
aren't asking that much for the package.

John Fountaine