Re: bmw-digest V9 #727

Hi Jeff

Your alarm must have the outputs on it as part of its built in features to
make the doors lock/unlock with the remote.  If you don't have a wiring
schematic, try to get one from the company.  Car alarms usually have a loom
of about 20-30 wires and figuring out if yours offers this feature by
"eyeballing it" would be quite difficult.

Also, even if your system does have a remote lock/unlock feature, you will
probably need to add relays to make it work correctly.

If it were mw, I would purchase a new alarm system if I wasn't absolutely
sure of what I had.  It might save you A LOT of frustrating hours ahead!

Good luck!

John Fountaine
BMWCCA GGC