Re: <E30> How much fuel can you get into your tank?

In a message on Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:09:03 -0500 From: Mike Stukalin
he wrote

>Consequently, with tank
>full, OBC indicates 54 liters instead of 64 like it should.
>Is it that BMW made replacement parts different from OEM parts or was there
>another change in sender units?

Hi Mike,

Other than being about three weeks behind on my digest reading, I do know
that my convertible clearly states in the manual that it only takes 55
litres of fuel as opposed to the 65 litre tank in the same model sedan
E30.

My car is a 92 318iC, but the manual that came with it covers both the
318 and 325 models for that year, so it covers the 318 and 325 in both 2
door, 4 door and convertible models, and sure enough the capacity thing
about the fuel tank is in several places where it tells of the cabrio
fuel tank being smaller by 10 litres.

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf Drommer  eMail: sunbimr@domain.elided

Membership Director BMW Car Club of BC
Club Website: http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/bmw/

Rolf Drommer 'SUNBMR' '92 E30 318i Cabrio
Personal Website: http://home.iSTAR.ca/~rolfd/