<E30> How much fuel can you get into your tank?

Ongoing saga of my trying to make sense of fuel readings on OBC in '92 E30
325iC is getting closer to resolution. Now, I need your help.
Could you please press 1000 and 1 buttons on OBC right after fill-up and
email me your reading in liters and the year your car was made.
It seems to me that there was a change in the left side sender unit in 9/87
for '88+ production years. The resistance at full tank was supposed to be
changed from 3.4 ohm to 5.4 ohm. Checking a part number 16141179720 at the
dealer confirmed 5.4 ohm reading. However, checking 7 sender units at the
junkyards from '88-'91 cars shows only 3.4 ohm. Consequently, with tank
full, OBC indicates 54 liters instead of 64 like it should.
Is it that BMW made replacement parts different from OEM parts or was there
another change in sender units?
Yes, I'm anal retentive, but this is getting mysterious.
Mike.S

'92 E30 325iC, BMWCCA #159367
http://www.gis.net/~mikest