Microfilters

There are two types of microfilters, at least for the late high-end
(E38/E39) models.......the cheaper paper filter does a good job of keeping
dust, pollen and other larger contaminants from entering the cabin and a
more expensive charcoal/paper filter also removes smoke and smaller
particles.  If you live in a city area or suffer from allergies, opt for
the more expensive hepafilter. If you or your passenger smoke in the car,
don't bother.  SD

PS-I've been keeping a low profile on this digest due to comments on
commercial content, again.  Sure I sell microfilters but I'm sure Ron
Stygar will have a "So You Want to Change Your Microfilter" detail posting
with part numbers and prices by the end of the day directing folks on the
digest to buy their parts from Stephen at FLbear (nothing wrong with
this...I may start buying from Stephen too).  From now on I'll keep the
info for my customers and let Stephen and Ron keep folks up to date on
parts.  Maybe I'll just post events in the news (no commercial content
here) about Iraq or Washington or human interest stories...like how Richard
Branson's hot air balloon got caught in an F14 tailhook over the Mid-East
and dragged 80 miles off course in his latest adventure.  Maybe I just need
a vacation.  Happy Holidays All.
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com