Dash light problem

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my first BMW.  It is a very stock balck 1992 325i (E36,
right?) with 62K miles, and it has the dual temp zones for the climate
control.  The problem is that the light behind the blower dial, the
temperature rheostats, and the blower zone selector (feet, defroster,
etc...) doesn't work.  All of the other dash lights work fine.  I guess
the first question is whether they are suppose to light up in the first
place?  I think so.

One more question, my car is equipped with seat warmers.  The indicators
on the switches light up but I sure don't feel any heat in the seat.  Is
there an easy test to see if the warmers are really working?  Maybe I
just don't have a sensative enough butt, but I would think I would be
able to feel something.

Thanks in advance for the help, and if anyone has any suggestions
regarding my first BMW, I would appreciate it.

Bill
bheise@domain.elided