Re: E28 - Heater Fan just broke

>Last evening my blower went out.  Turning the rotary switch through all
>the settings does nothing, no air blows at all.  Funny thing is that if
>you turn on the A/C, the blower seems to work fine at all speed
>settings.  Is there a separate A/C blower that the same switch
>controls?  Any ideas how to resurrect my heater blower?

The A/C has a separate motor in the centre console.

The main blower is at the rear of the engine bay, top, middle.
The fan switch has a backup switch at full on which
overrides the variable speed system so it it's full on and
isn't working you have the same problem I had last winter.

Remove the motor by removing the covers and unclicking it's
clasp, easy stuff. I think the E28 may be a little tighter
for space than my 635CSi.

Clean wiring contacts with something abrasive (they are
different sizes on my E24 so you can't put the on backwards
:-) While you're their use a little medium weight oil on the
motor bearings.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!