E28 - Heater Fan just broke

Help,

Last evening my blower went out.  Turning the rotary switch through all
the settings does nothing, no air blows at all.  Funny thing is that if
you turn on the A/C, the blower seems to work fine at all speed
settings.  Is there a separate A/C blower that the same switch
controls?  Any ideas how to resurrect my heater blower?  Initial trouble
shooting of the fuzes shows all are intact, so no obvious clues there.

Thanks for you help
Jeff Wilcox
88 535i
Jacksonville, FL......Yes it gets cold here from time to time :-)