Re: M3 Headers

>No responses so I will try one last time.  Can anyone provide any
>recommendations regarding headers?  Also any specific comments on the
>BMW Motorsport headers.  This would be for a 3.0L 95 M3.  I would
>appreciate your input.
>
>David Holeman

David,

I'll try to field this one since you came up empty before.  I DO NOT have
headers on my M3 nor do I know anyone personally who has.  But I talked at
length with the engine gru's at PTG on headers and here's what they had to
say in a nutshell:

The Motorsport headers will improve the mid-range torque in the car
considerably but only if the entire exhaust is used front to back. That
means the cat goes. You run a straight pipe in lieu of the cat and replace
the muffler with a free flow unit.  Requires a recalibrated chip to manage
it as well. This is gonna slow you down some money wise, as the header
costs in the neighborhood of $ 2,500 and the whole Euro exhaust system
front to back is about double that.

The stock cast iron manifold does a fair job they tell me. They seemed to
hint that you aren't going to get the best bang for your buck with this mod
so I personally shelved it for my car.

Take it with a grain of salt - I have no hands on experience with headers.

Duane Collie