Re: <E30> cup holder and Timing Belt

> I am debating about buying the Bavarian Autosport
> cup holder for the E30.

I was given one of these for Christmas two years ago.
It works great, but the cup is worth about $3 and the lid broke. Essentially,
you are paying $37 for a powdercoated piece of wire with a plate welded to it
so it can attach to your ash-tray, but I haven't seen a better solution...

> my 89 325is has ~92k miles on it, should I
> change the timing belt before I go, or should
> that not be an issue. It was last changed at 57k.

The timing belt should be changed between 50k and 60k.  I'll change mine at
50k because the car will see track time. You shouldn't have to worry until
107k at the earliest.

Kurt