Re: Tire Shipping

In a message dated 12/15/98 11:42:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Philip,

 UPS is the way to go.  They have to work REALLY hard to tear up a set of
 wheels and tires.  I've shipped many sets and never had a problem.  They
 will also be the most cost effective way to ship, too.  Here's how I ship >>

I agree with Bubba Duane's post. I have shipped and received a lot of tires of
late. One work of caution though, I sold and shipped a set of tires and wheel
to a fellow digester and I only insured them for the sale value.

UPS lost two of the four and the insurance money wasn't really enough to buy
new replacement wheels with tires.

Frank Adams