Re: FMW

Ben Keyes responded to David Holeman, listing all of the wonderful things
that Ford has done for Jaguar, in response to the rumor about Ford buying
BMW   (which I have renamed as FMW).    Ben wasn't sure of the displacement
of the old Jag I-6 (I believe the last one was a 4.2 litre, Ben) and I
wasn't going to worry about his guess and assumptions, but then I READ THE
MAIL HEADER!!!   Ben apparently works at FoMoCo!   Hey dude, whatcha doing
on the Bimmer digest?   Stealing our secrets?   Designing the new beverage
holder in the Crown Vic to hold a RR bottle?   Trying to figure out how to
BL/SS/ERK a Contour?   And what's up with the Aspire anyway?   Is that not
the ugliest thing since the Lincoln Navigator?   And what is it aspiring to
be?   A Dodge?

Seriously, Ford has done wonders for Jaguar, and one could easily fault BMW
for buying Rover.   I can't imagine how, quite frankly, but one probably
could.   I was just teasing Ben.

I used to own an XJ-S.   It was my dream car from college.   Then I bought
one.   Now my mechanic can send his son to college.   It's like that boat
joke:   the two happiest days in a man's life are when he buys a Jaguar and
when he sells his Jaguar.   (and buys a bimmer).

Michael
E39 528/M