Re: Whats the difference between the 318i and 318is?

>Is there any real difference between the afore mentioned vehicles?

E30 318iS 90/91 is different from an normal 2 door 318i because:

	Four wheel disc brakes (drums on rear 318i)
	M-Tech (wonderful) suspension
	Very nice Recarro sports interior
	16 valve M42 136bhp engine, wonderful
	Small front and rear spoilers, tasteful
	Less colour choice

IMHO the E30 318iS is the most fun for the money car EVER
built. I deeply regret trading mine for an E36 318iS. The
older car is much more fun to drive and better looking. I
hope to own another one day. I miss my old one :-(....

Only bad point : watch out for profile gasket failure, can
be expensive if not spotted quickly.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!