Re: bmw-digest V9 #685

Hey guys!

I don't post very often; kinda read-only status for the most part, but I
am always impressed with the intelligence and experience present.

to my problem:  My 88 325 is experiencing a head-light mal-function.  My
low beam "check indicator" lit up informing that the headlight was out.
I checked headlight, removed assembly, re-installed assembly and it came
back to life.  Then it died again; born again...et cetera.

Any ideas? Is it the bulb, wiring, or sensor?  (Small, composite halogen
bulbs)

All I do when it goes out is: screw the lamp holder counter-clockwise,
pull it out and put it back in--and presto!!--Bulb lights again.

Also..anyone know of a good, yet ECONOMICAL wrench in the St Louis
area??. I am needing some engine work of sorts and need someone
competent, yet financially feasible.

Thanks in advance, and Seasons Greetings!

Mike C
88 325  1st Bimmer
St Louis, MO