RE: E28 Longevity

My 1985 Just turned 165k this weekend. I am beginning to notice paint spots
that are going to be problematic soon. Being in the snow (read salt) belt it
takes a toll on automobiles. Look at an 1985 Pontiac 6000 STE and you will
really know what I am talking about. These cars are very durable but time and
the elements will take there toll. It all depends on how well you wan the car
to look. I can see my ride holding out for several more years, but it could
get ugly without some serious attention. The sliding scale of " is it worth it
to repaint and car this old with this many miles?", or look at the newer E34
sitting in the classified section.

Derek Atkin
85 535i 165k
BMW CCA 136755