new purchase of 1994 325i lots of questions;-)

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a clean 1994 325i and have a few questions(actually alot). If
anyone can help, thanks
1. Differential is damp on both sides(not leaking on ground) BMW service dept
says both differential side seals need replacing. If area is just damp should
I worry? Car has 60K miles.
2. Drivers seat does not heat. Switch does light in both low and high
settings. Sound like a heating pad??  Anybody ever had this??
3. Parking brake requires 11 clicks to hold car. Can I just adjust at handle
or do I have to adjust at both wheels??
4. I live in Chicagoland area. Is 5W-30 oil grade of choice for winters??
5. Has anyone purchased an upgrade chip?  Is the performance increase worth
the $$?? How about the different intake options?  worth the $$?
6. Just bought haynes manual. It leaves out quite a bit. Does BMW make a
service manual in english that isnt too expensive??

Sorry for the length;-)
Thanks, John
1994 325i