Heavy shift knobs improve shift feel - CONTEST - Win a Rob Knob!

Want to know how you can get your very own "Rob Knob" for free?

Rob Knob page: http://www.shortshifter.com/uuc_motorwerks_shift_knob.htm

Details on the contest at the end of this post.

    When we designed the "Rob Knob" shifter knob, our primary goal was to
make a high-quality, cool-looking part that all of us BMW drivers would love
to have.  We thought it would be a nice-looking piece but wouldn't do
anything truly functional.

    We were wrong!

    What we discovered after using the prototypes for a few weeks is that
they seemed to improve shift feel.  These knobs are *heavy*, solid aluminum
or titanium, and they seem to do something to make shifting smoother and
lower-effort.  Personally, I never would have believed it if somebody told
me that a knob could improve shifting (especially the great shifting feel of
the UUC Motorwerks BL/SS shifter).

    So, to figure this out, UUC Motorwerks is having a contest...

THE PRIZE: an aluminum "Rob Knob"

THE CONTEST:  Explain how the "Rob Knob" works - why does it improve shift
feel?
This is sort of like an essay you had to write back in school, we're looking
for the best description of the mechanics involved here... the winning entry
will also appear on the www.shortshifter.com web site.

HOW TO ENTER:  e-mail your essay to shifter@domain.elided and post it to
the Digest for critical review - we want the "public" to be a part of this
contest and help decide if your essay makes sense.

DEADLINE: January 15, 1999
Winning entry will be announced on January 17th.  All decisions final and
completely up to the discretion of UUC Motorwerks.  Members of Monica
Lewinsky's family not eligible.

- - Rob Levinson
UUC Motorwerks
www.shortshifter.com