Re: bmw-digest V9 #675

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:00:05 -0500
> From: James Clay <jclay@domain.elided>
> Subject: 100 octane fuel needed
>
> I live in Blacksburg, VA, which is about 2 hours from Charlotte, 3.5
> from NoVA, and 3 from Richmond.  I am looking for 100 octane gas
> containing no lead.  Would someone please let me know if it is available
> anywhere within 3-4 hours.
>
> Thanks
> James Clay

You can probably get 100 octane unleaded at your local airport (i.e. Virginia Tech).
Some of the weekend drag racers use aviation fuel instead of the auto gas sold at the
speed shops because aviation fuel is about $1 gallon less.  Gas with 130 octane low
lead is more common, but many of the airports stock lower octane for some of the older
planes that were designed to use it.  Make sure that your compression ratio can
accommodate high octane fuel else detonation may cause engine damage and I don't want
to be responsible!.

Kent Shaw