Harmonic Balancer-535i/635i

Since that first post, I've disconnected and re-connected the driveshaft
from the output flange twice, each time with a 120 degree turn of the
flange, only to find out after reassembly that I still have the shudder.
I'm at a loss.  I mean, all I did was put a new guibo in for cryin' out
loud.  I think I may have to take the car to an independent next week to get
this thing ironed out.

Scott Buchanan
Charlotte, NC
'87 535is
Scott....I assume you put back the harmonic balancer that surrounds the
guibo.  BMW installed these on later 535i/635i cars (86-88) to eliminate
drivetrain vibration.  You could also send the entire driveshaft out and
have a shop rebalance it.  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com