[E36] Brake Light Doesn't Turn Off!

I have a 1994 318i Automatic.  It has about 25,000 miles.  My break light
came on because my front pads were quite worn.  I got them replaced by a
friend (with the brake sensor).

He checked the rear pads, and they were fine (quite a bit of material left).

However, after replacing the pad and sensor, the brake light on my console
does not turn off!
The E36 page has these instructions (which I gave to my friend).

>Remove retaining spring by pushing at its center in the direction of the
imprinted arrow. (Push towards the rear of the vehicle) Gently remove brake
pad wear sensor
>from the inboard brake pad. (Only in left front and right rear pads) Its
surrounding metal clip is position dependent. Make a note of it before the
clip falls out and you
>lose track of it. Remove both plastic plugs protecting the guide bolts.
Push brake hose out of mounting bracket at the grommet point. Remove guide
bolts using a
>7mm hex head socket driver. Mark the bolts with a felt pen as you take
them out so you can return them to their original positions.

Does anybody know what could be wrong?  Could it be that he didn't install
the sensor properly?  Or do I have to reset something?

Thanks in advance.

Garson