Re:Ford M3

At 17:22 -0500 11/12/98, bmw-digest wrote:
>Subject: Ford M3?
>
>I just saw on CNBC a report that Ford approached BMW about a possible
>merger.  It was just a blurb and did not give any details or whether BMW has
>issued any response.  Yuck.  DaimlerChrylser is where it should end.

	When BMW Canada sneaked 45 Euro E36 M3's into Canada in '94, Ford
in Detroit wanted to buy an engine. They were told to go to a dealer, which
they apparently did, in Windsor, Ontario, across from Detroit. The dealer
ended up selling them a whole car. Where it is now, I know not... 286 hp
out of the box/probably in a lot of  boxes now.
	Ford didn't have any luck in trying to  buy Ferrari years ago
either, so they just went ahead and won Le Mans.
	Now if some crazy Canuck will just crash a Honda S2000 when they
arrive here, so I can stuff the engine in my '72 '02.. 2 litres/240
hp/9000rpm..... sounds about right to me.

For voice-over services check out <http://danni-dawson.com/cskene/index.htm>.
skenec@domain.elided