Re: 100 octane fuel

James, have private airplanes switched to unleaded yet?  If so, you
could probably find 100 octane avgas at the nearest airport.  However,
they may refuse to let you pump it into your car, so you may need to
carry it out in some gas cans, then dump it into your tank.  If they're still
running leaded, well, then never mind.

I used to mix 100 octane leaded avgas with 92 octane pump gas in my
1977 630CSi (high compression pistons after the rebuild) to prevent
pinging at WOT, which I pretty much only did at autocrosses and drivers'
schools.  I don't know if there are any technical reasons why I shouldn't
have done that, but it worked for me.

Your best bet would be 100 octane Trick Racing Gas - at least that's the
brand available out west.  Any race tracks near Blacksburg?

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977