<WOB> Model Year nomenclature

Scott Miller wrote,

>There are tables for many makes and models that describe the amount of time
it takes after battery disconnect to allow one to work safely around the air
bag. It >said:

>MY 1986 to 1993 (MY 1994 for 7 series) - 20 minutes
>MY 1994 (build dates after 9/93) - 1 second

>(I assume MY means mid-year, but that doesn't seem to match the 9/93date.)

Scott, MY means model year.  I believe in Europe people don't use MY
designation like we do in US.  (I always wondered about the logic in saying
a car is a '99 model even though it was built in September of '98.)

Rob Mudry
MY '96 328is
BMW CCA #135536