Logo Stickers to Cure Memory Problems

John,

>Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 02:03:45 -0700
>From: John Fountaine <jfount@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: bmw-digest V9 #653
>
>OK OK...enough with all the BS...I was just thinking the sticker could be
>a 1"x3 1/2" bold black or white text on a clear backing that just says,
>"Digest.net"  Everyone  here would know what it meant and it would be
>totally small simple and non-obtrusive to the appearance of the car.
>
>Maybe I am just being naive, but even though I like the logo ideas, etc., I
>feel we should go for the KISS (keep it simple stupid) method here.
>Besides, I looked like a nimrod tonight with this 735 pulled over, when I
>asked the driver if he was on the digest.  He just looked at me blankly
>and said, "the what"?
>
>Whatdya all think?
>
>John

I think they weren't enthusiasts and bought that 735 for the wrong
reason.  You should have given them the ticket just for that!  OK, just
kidding.  But, unless all 4000 of us put Digest logos on our cars, you're
not likely to find us during your traffic stops.  We'd recognize you before
you'd recognize us.  Any chance your police agency would adopt the
Digest logo for a badge design?  No, I guess not.

If the logo is as you suggest, it should at least have the right URL so that,
if someone really cared, they'd be able to log on and find the Digest home
page.  It would also help those of us with poor memories when we try to
tell others about the Digest.  I was in Double 02 Salvage (Hayward, CA)
last Saturday and a guy was looking for 15x7.5 Euro E34 wheels for his
728i.  I told him they were probably pretty rare here in the States (I think,
since I can't say I remember ever seeing that wheel), and he might have
better luck going on the Digest to find the wheels.  Then I tried to
remember the home page URL, and couldn't.  Then I tried to remember the
subscription instructions, and had to guess.  It would have been a lot
easier if I could have said, "Just go out to my car and get it off the
window sticker."

So there's my Digest logo suggestion, whatever the graphic, include the
home page URL so others can find and enjoy this madness.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977