E30 Air Bag Removal Question - follow-up

John, I checked the web site you told me about.  At first it seemed to
contain just generic information about dealing with air bag equipped
cars that have been involved in a crash.  But then...

There are tables for many makes and models that describe the amount of
time it takes after battery disconnect to allow one to work safely
around the air bag.  It said:

MY 1986 to 1993 (MY 1994 for 7 series) - 20 minutes
MY 1994 (build dates after 9/93) - 1 second

(I assume MY means mid-year, but that doesn't seem to match the 9/93
date.)

So now I know I can disconnect the battery, go have lunch, and return
afterwards to remove the steering wheel/air bag and replace the turn
signal switch.

Thanks for passing on the information.

>Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:45:39 -0800 (PST)
>From: bolhuijo@domain.elided
>Subject: Re: <E30> Air Bag Steering Removal Question
<snip>
>Pat Donohue posted this URL awhile back which you may find helpful:
>
>http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/ems/airbag/index.html
>
>  John Bolhuis

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid with soon to be replaced turn signal/headlight
switch