Re: E30 Air Bag Removal Question - follow-up

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Scott Miller wrote:

> So now I know I can disconnect the battery, go have lunch, and return
> afterwards to remove the steering wheel/air bag and replace the turn
> signal switch.
>
> Thanks for passing on the information.

No problemo, but when touching that bad boy, I would still keep my
face the %@^& away from the danger zone.  In fact, I would probably
use alligator-clip wires to ground all airbag terminals before,
during, and after disconnecting the mains just to dissipate any stray
currents. I would also probably wear my helmet while doing so.  But
then, when it comes to explosives, I usually take the safe route,
(even when I help set off the 4th of July fireworks show for the city
of Berkely)

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and
                | most powerful men in the Republic?  -T. Herman Zweibel

End of bmw-digest V9 #672