High Performance Bonger Upgrade <wob>

In a discussion about the programmability of the OBC, John says:

>Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:13:33 +0800
>From: "KHOO, John Kelvin" <john_khoo@domain.elided>
>Subject: Bonged at 3C / 37.5F
>
>>From an owner's point of view, the temp warning sensor is not
>reprogrammble. The Bong is set at 3C or 37.5F. Unless anyone else has
>a backdoor to the OBC?
>
>John Khoo
>'95 E36 M50tu B25 (London, UK)

(You can see this coming, can't you?)

Jim Conforti's next major breakthrough:  Programmable OBC Bonger
Temperatures!  While he's at it, maybe he can fix that E34/E36 glitch
where your fuel gauge looses it's "bearings" if you leave the key  on
when you fill up.  Boy, the possibilities are endless!  How about the
check control panel?  Headlight out?  WHICH ONE?  Stop light problem?
How about revising the circuit so that it recognizes stop light bulbs with
cheap brass bases - and tells you how cheap you are?

One thing I always liked on my E28 and E30 cars is that blinking "Check"
on the dash board that reminds you when your payment is due (i.e., it is
time to write the payment CHECK).

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977