Re: Helpful database

David wrote:

> I came across this government web site by the National Highway Traffic
> Safety Administration.  They list all the technical advisories and
> recalls.
>
> http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/
> <http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/>
>
> David Holeman

Thanks for the plug!  The databases are reloaded every Tuesday with new
data.  Be sure to check for the year 1900 when you do your searches
because things that cover multiple years get dumped with that as the
original database wasn't set up for multiple years (like some of the
current recalls on radiator caps).  I'm working to get some of the model
crud smoothed out; there're some records in there where the model is
5-series which won't resolve currently.  Brett Anderson also has pointed
out that there are a lot of TSBs in NHTSA's database that are intended
to let dealers know certain things that are of no use to us common
folk.  I can't remember his guidelines though.
- --
Pat Donahue  CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL <-- somebody make me an offer! (around $26k)
'88 325is destined for ITS