Dead Cat

>Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:26:58 -0500
>From: "Marc Plante" <marc@domain.elided>
>Subject: Cat going...alternatives?
>
>My cat is making nasty rattling noises at startup, and I think it may be
>dying. I've gotten one email suggesting this is the case.  Can anyone else
>confirm this?

Mark, I didn't read your oringinal post, so don't know what kind of car your
have,
But on my wifes '97 740, and apparantly on any '97 V8, the cats were
defective, and
rattle after a few miles. It seems the internal welds fail, and the baffles
move around.
BMW has fired the vendor, and is replacing the cats under warranty.

Larry Eisner
'97 740  Wifes luxo barge
'98 M3/4
BMW CCA  Connecticut chapter