<All> Help! Wax job screw up resulting in swirl marks

I  screwed up royally and used a high speed non-orbital buffer on my Cosmos
Black bimmer when I removed the Meguiar's Polish and Wax (#2 and #3 in the
their Deep System product line) .  Now I have swirls marks.  Not all over
the car, and not too bad, I've seen worse.  Advice on how to clear these up
is appreciated.  I had heard it was not a good idea to use these type of
buffers but I had no problems using it on my '95 Bright Red ///M3 and my
pick em up truck.  Is the paint on the ///M roadsters/Z3's different???  Is
it due to the metallic/clear coat finish?

Michael Greto
BMW CCA-Everglades Chapter
'98 ///M Roadster
'98 Nissan Frontier (daily driver)