Caution sending checks via US Mail

>> FOR SALE:
>> E36 Factory rear trunk spoiler from '93 325i/4. This is NOT the M3 style,
<snip>

>I take it my check never showed up then? I hope you are able to find
another buyer for the spoiler but please return my check should it arrive!
>Thanks,
>John
>1990 750iL
>1992 325iA
>BMW CCA #150800, Buckeye Chapter

What's up with the U.S. Postal Service these days?  I've sent a check once
to guy for some car parts and he never got it!  It disappeared.  Poof!  I
had to Fed Ex him another check.  I've had another guy send me a check for
another car part and poof...  it 's gone too.  Another guy, yet for another
part claims has sent me a check a week ago and still zilch...  What's up
with that?  I hope the latest deal I've closed on an audio component (sorry
Ron) doesn't take the same route.  Also, this past summer I had a Priority
Mail letter sent to me and it took 11 days!  Jeezzz...   so much for
'priority'...  To the person who sent it to me back then, did you ever get
your $3 refund?

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536