re: The O.K. Corral Shootout

Duane wrote:
> We've got a 'training school' for newbie autocrossers coming up Sunday,
> March 21st in Maryland, where we will be instructing NCC rookies how to do
> the cones.  Maybe during the afternoon fun runs we can see whatcha got!
> I'll haveta check with Ron Katona to see if he's good to go with that, but
> I think it can propbably be managed. If not, our regular autocross series
> will probably start up in April.

Doc Holliday and Marshall Earp have informed me that there may be
trouble during our quiet little school. With all the Roundel litigation
being discussed, the response from the O-fishul NCC autocross
coordinator is that wagering on grudge matches is not condoned at our
events.

Now, although we're looking pretty good on instructors, we could sure
use an extra guy to help chase cones and do timing. If Jeff wants to
help out, he's certainly welcome to take a few fun runs as payment. How
you guys decide who'll pick up the tab for dinner and drinks is yer own
bidness...

Hmmm... just for kicks, I looked up the Oktoberfest results in the
November Roundel for for the fastest run of each model:

Autocross
Mark Sipe  '95 M3     54.369
T.C. Kline '96 Z3 1.9 55.866

Slalom
T.C. Kline '96 Z3 1.9 21.049
Mark Sipe  '95 M3     21.344

Two excellent drivers, two undoubtedly well prepared cars... and closer
than many people would expect. Looks pretty course dependent. So who's
going to offer to buy the course designer dinner?
- --
Ron Katona