Willow Springs CCA Racing School - heads up

Tino: Thanks for the update on the LA Chapter's racing school. This could be a
lot of fun. But since you mentioned street cars being allowed, and we all know
the question comes up quarterly, I wanted to get it out of the way quickly.

Your auto insurance probably won't be in force.

My State Farm policy says there is no coverage "participating in or preparing
for a competitive or timed event". Other policys may read differently and
you'll have to satisfy yourself, but I don't believe any company will
willingly pay if you wreck your street car at this event. You are preparing
for competition.

I'm not saying that somebody somewhere doesn't have a policy that will cover
this thing, so don't complicate the issue for the guys who might want to
attend. They have to decide for themselves what *their* policy covers. My
point is: Don't forget to check your policy and decide for yourself if you
want the risk at this thing in a street car.

This sounds like a good deal for someone who is thinking about converting his
street car into a racer. Those people are already willing to risk possible
damage.

Scott Adare
Spokane, WA
'95 M3

Tino said:

<<I spoke with Mike Ward <snip> this past Saturday and he filled me in on the
upcoming "Racing School" that the L.A. Chapter is going to have....
<snip>
They encourage race prepared cars but they don't require them so for those of
us that don't have a race car sitting in the garage, we can drive our street
cars.  >>