Re: broken radiator nipple BA

>Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:04:51 -0500
>From: Jeff Pharr <pharr@domain.elided>
>Subject: RE: e28/m20 Spun News...
>
>Steve,
>
>I broke the overflow nipple off the side of my radiator (installing a
>new battery and caught the overflow hose) and spent several days trying
>to salvage it.  I used several high tech epoxies and brass tube
inserts,
>etc. and could never do any better than stay leak free for a mile or
so.
>YMMV, but I finally gave up a bought a replacement radiator.  I made
>sure it had metal end caps so that it could be repaired. But as they
>say, "Be careful what you wish for..."

BMW part number 17 11 9 055 593 Overflow nipple repair kit.  Costs a
couple of bucks and works every time.

snip

>replacement he has so graciously offered to sell me has plastic end
>caps.

Which, of course, is the better product.

>- --Jeff
>'86 535i
>'89 325iX

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you