Re: "Tail light Failure" Warning light (E36) BA

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Brett Anderson wrote:

> Also, I hope you installed orange bulbs for the turn signals.  White
> turn signals are illegal in the US, and, I hope, the rest of the world
> too.   (now if only we could get rid of red turn signals.......)

 This from the California vehicle code chapter 12, article 5:

24953.   (a) Any turn signal system used to give a signal of intention
to turn right or left shall project a flashing white or amber light
visible to the front and a flashing red or amber light visible to the
rear.

 For you gaslight nuts, these things are still legal too...
Chapter 12, article 11:

Acetylene Lamps

25450.  Any motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle, equipped with
lighted acetylene headlamps complies with the provisions of this code
concerning lighted headlamps when it has two lighted acetylene
headlamps of approximately equal candlepower mounted upon the front of
the motor vehicle and fitted with clear plane glass fronts and bright
six-inch spherical mirrors and standard acetylene five-eighths or
three-quarters foot burners, not more and not less, projecting
sufficient light ahead to reveal any vehicle, person or substantial
object upon the roadway within 200 feet.

And for the Bambi-slayer:

Chapter 12, article 7:
Warning Lights on Vehicles Herding Livestock
    25270.5.  Any motor vehicle engaged in, or aiding in, the herding
of livestock along or across a public roadway may display flashing
amber warning lights to the front, sides, or rear of the vehicle while
it is stopped in the roadway near the livestock or is proceeding with
the livestock along the roadway.