RE:What is up with Powerdyne

I've heard a fair amount of anecdotal evidence that the Powerdyne unit tends
to overheat and shred it's internal belt under track conditions.
Unfortunately this results in shredded rubber effectively rendering the
ceramic bearings unusable, so repair requires new bearings as well as a new
belt.  Dinan has special 'cooling holes' drilled in their unit, but do not
provide warranty coverage for racing (drivers schools are OK) and ERT
recommends that racers go with the noisier but more robust Vortech blower,
which is gear-driven and oil-cooled.

OTOH, Several digesters with the Powerdyne unit report no problems despite
significant track time.

Still, when/if I supercharge my car, it will be with the Vortech blower,
same unit Stickley has been winning so many races with, if I can put up with
the noise.

FWIW, IMHO, YMMV, Etc.

Simon Kennedy
'95 M3