Re: <E30> Air Bag Steering Removal Question

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Scott Miller wrote:

> remove the wheel.  Question:  If I disconnect the battery and leave it
> that way overnight, say 10 hours, would this be long enough to totally
> disarm the firing mechanism so that I can remove the bag and the wheel
> without risking the embarassment and potential danger of setting the
> thing off while I'm sitting in front of it with tools in my hand?

Pat Donohue posted this URL awhile back which you may find helpful:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/ems/airbag/index.html

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and