Re: bmw-digest V9 #653 warning light

In a message dated 12/7/98 20:11:16 Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< rom: "Manuel Paredes" <ddrk1@domain.elided>
 Subject: "Tail light Failure" Warning light (E36)

 Greetings,

 I just put in some custom rear tail lights in my 95 325I (and I must say
 they look kewel!) and the "tail light failure" warning light comes on
 every time I turn on the lights.  >>
Manuel: Did you replace the lenses or the bulbs (or both).  BMW circuitry is
extremely sensitive to the resistance in the bulbs.  I have found that using
OEM bulbs always works, but that others sometimes cause the warning lights to
indicate a problem.  The few extra bucks for OEM bulbs saves much potential
annoyance.

Chas
'83 633CSI
'85 528e