Re: 320HP M Roadster?

Bill,

>  FWIW a salesman who will go unnamed (so now you know what its worth) at
>  Otto's BMW in West Chester PA. Told me the 320HP engine would be available
>  in 2001 in the M coupe in the US.

I would suspect that he's thinking of the new M3 engine (and aren't we all
hoping the 350HP rumors are true!), as I can't imagine why BMW would torture
us for 3+ years by not certifying the current 320hp Evolution M3 motor, only
to do so right at the end of the engine's life cycle.

>  This is the same salesman who told me they
>  would have their first M5 (for floor display only) in June 1999 and
expected
>  to be receiving about 2/month sometime after that.

Remembering what people said that were at M day, this seems unlikely.  I
recall someone (Stephen??) that was at the M day posting that for the first
year at least, M5 production would be VERY limited.  Sadly it doesn't much
matter to me, unless the I hit the lottery.  Maybe I should start playing....

Tim Leithead
'95 M3