Stupid move

Here's one for the ages.

A few weeks ago I changed out my rotors and pads and obviously forgot to
torque one of the calipers down (ft rt).  Soooo...Guess what?  The bottom
carrier bolt decided to take a trip to who knows where, and the top was
getting loose (I could turn it by hand loose).  Thankfully I was only a few
blocks from home when the terrifying GRIND...GRIND...GRIND sound started up.

Anyway, I replaced the bolt with an 8.8 grade one.  I'm guessing this isn't
up to the standards specified by Our company and was wondering what grade
bolt it should be (mostly for my own education since I'll be heading out to
the dealer to pick a few up "just in case").

Thanks.  This surely has to beat the "I forgot to tighten the wheel bolts"
thread of a couple of months ago.

Out.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5 (Cowering in the corner when she see's me with a wrench in my hand)
'72 tii (Ran away from home wanting nothing to do with me)