[E36] Water Pump Failure - continued

I posted a few weeks ago with a story of how my water pump (1993 325is) =
catastrophically failed.  Well,
it's now all back together, but leads to another question.

When I picked up the car, I started home (approximately 85 miles away) v=
ia Rt 80 from Bloomsburg, PA
to Allentown, PA.  I got her warmed up, and the "Check Engine" light cam=
e on (temp gauge was in the
normal, 0=F8 position) and the OBC reported "Check Coolant Level".  I pu=
lled over and there was coolant
pissing out the vent hole right beside the fill cap.  Took her back to t=
he service station, and we deduced
that it was not properly bled (no heat from the heater).  After several =
hours of working on it (and calling the
BMW dealer to see what could have possibly been missed) everything seeme=
d fine.  Heat worked,
temp gauge stays in the 0=F8 position - just feels right.  BUT, the "Che=
ck Engine" stayed on.  We figured it
probably just tripped and I was going to try pulling a fuse or removing =
the battery cable for a while to see
if it went away.

I started by pulling the computer fuse, and the "Check Coolant" warning =
went away, but the "Check
Engine" light stayed lit, so I moved on to the battery cable.

It seemed to work - the "Check Engine" light went off, but after around =
60 miles or so, the light is back on!
Now I'm getting concerned.  Does anyone have any ideas as to the possibl=
e cause, or is there some
way of accessing the readout via the OBC to tell me what's up?

I already (thought) I paid to have it fixed, so I am hesitant about taki=
ng it back to a dealer for diagnosis.
Any ideas anyone has I'm open to.

Thanks in advance,
- - Jason

BTW - I kept all the old parts - seems as though the old water pump just=
 froze.  The old one had a plastic
impeller, and the one that is now in the 325 has a metal impeller.  Hope=
fully this is an upgraded design,
but I'm still going to replace it at 120k miles (provided I still have t=
he car, which I'm planning on, but you
never know...).