re: Euro M5

Sorry about the last blank message--damn laptop touch pad!  (notice blaming of
machine for operator error--much like the M3 overrev thread)

>  Price was a bit steep--60,000 British
>  pounds, or about maybe US$80-90,000, or CDN$130,000.

Don't less this scare you too much.  The UK is ridiculous in terms of car
prices (everything else for that matter).  Cars freqently have close the same
pricetag as in the states, only in pounds rather than dollars.  In the case of
the M roadster, it's nearly identical (it lists for 41,000 pounds here), but
of course some of that is that fancy 321 bhp motor (yes, I'm drooling now).

60,000 pounds would seem consistant with the US pricetag of around $65 to $70k
that others have mentioned, given the overinflated prices of things here.
Even a VW golf costs 17,000 pounds.  Nothing like 50% or more inflation!

And Evolution M3's:  over here you couldn't touch a used one for less than
30,000 pounds (over $50k US), regardless of mileage.  Of course the steering
wheel is on the wrong side anyway.  Most of the '96's go for around 35,000
pounds, or $58,000 dollars.  Makes our M3 seem like a bargain if you ask me.

Regards,

Tim Leithead
'95 M3, resting