Door Locks

I have a 1990 525i and the central locking system is not working. I can not
unlock the doors. I have tried both doors and the trunk, however the trunk
will unlock but it will not unlock the doors.  Also, I can't unlock the car
from the inside. I had to use the emergency unlock procedure on the
passenger door to get in and I am currently entering and exiting the car via
the passenger door.
What can I do to fix this inconvenience? I would appreciate any help that
you could provide.

Thanks Ryan