Re: "illegal in Canada"

Joe Mazza writes

>They're [radar detectors] also illegal in Canada,

This statement is not true, though Joe is not the only person to believe
it.  Canada does not have one set of traffic laws that applies from one
end of the country to the other (not unlike the U.S.).

The last time I checked, B.C. and Alberta both allowed the use of radar
detectors.  Unfortunately, the rest of the country has banned their use.

To my great disgust, Nova Scotia (where I now live) banned both the use
and ownership of radar detectors about 2 1/2 - 3 years ago, without
offering any sort of compensation to those of us who purchased a
detector prior to the passing of the law.  This under the misguided
notion that banning the them would somehow improve highway safety.

Ed Walker (looking forward to the day I move back to B.C.)
'80 323i
'72 tii